Wednesday, June 28, 2006

best. day. ever.





i'm completly exhausted but I have to just make a quick note of this before I write it up this week.

Today was, to date, one of the best days ever.

I pitched a few ideas for the website, that were very well liked, 1 or 2 I get to write, the other 2 were assigned out (thank god, I don't have time to do them all). I'm writing the opening piece for a section of september's issue. I started fact-checking my first article. I got a cell phone to take home and test for a few weeks and ...

...i went to the yankees game as the guest of a big corporation and they sat us in box seats to the left of homeplate and served us free food (including hot dogs and tomato and feta salad, two of my fav foods) and free beer. on top of that, everyone got to spend an inning watching from the company's seats in the very front row right behind third base. i was down there for the bottom of the seventh when the braves hit a foul ball. a-rod was playing third, he picked up the ball, threw it to the third base coach, then pointed at me to give it to me. so now I have the ultimate yankees souvineer. how fucking awesome is that? forgive me for being so starry-eyed tonight, but it was such an amazing day. I guess i was on TV because when I got back up to the box, which had three HD TVs with the game on, everyone knew I caught it - they all saw me on TV.

best. day. ever. for real.


photo captions (top to bottom):
1. the view from the clubhouse
2. my view from the field
3. ...now of the outfield

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home